What are Cookies?
Cookies are small files formed by letters and numbers which shall be stored on the computer, mobile device, or other devices of a user through which he accesses the internet. The Cookie is installed by the request issued by a browser (e.g. Internet, Explorer, Firefox, Chrome). The installed Cookies are neither spyware or viruses, and have a determined duration, remaining ”passive”. This means they will not access the hard-drive information onto the user’s device where they have been installed.
There are important uses of cookies, such as adapting of content and services to the preferences of the user, memorizing passwords, memorizing the family mode filters or the safe search features, limiting the frequency of certain promotions to certain users on a certain website, supplying relevant publicity for a certain user, measuring, optimising and adapting the analysis characteristics such as the conformation of a certain level of traffic on an internet page, what type of content is visualised, and the method by which a user reaches a certain internet page.
A cookie has two parts: name and content or the cookie value. The Cookies themselves do not request personal information in order to be used. In most cases, they do not identify the persons of internet users.
What are the advantages of cookies?
A cookie contains information which links a web-browser (the user) and a certain web-server (website). If a browser accesses that certain web-server, it can read the already stored information and react accordingly. The Cookies ensure an enjoyable browsing experience for the users and support the efforts of many websites to offer pleasant services to their users: e.g. – the preferences of online confidentiality, the options regarding the language of the website, shopping charts, or relevant publicity.
Cookies are used mainly for the recognition of the user’s terminal and to present the content in a relevant manner adapted to the user’s preferences. Moreover, cookies are used in memorizing certain settings established by the users of the internet page – such as the language in which the internet page is shown, the facilitation of access in users’ account, the posting of comments on the website.
Cookies ensure the users a pleasant browsing experience and supports the offering of services adapted to the needs and interests of each user through:
- The improvement of use of this internet page, including the identification of possible errors which arise during the users’ visits/ browsing;
- The achievement of a good communication with the users;
- The covering of a large information area in respect of our projects;
- The subscription to newsletters and receiving relevant information.
Cookies play an important role in facilitating user access and delivery of multiple services on the internet, such as:
- Personalization of certain settings such as: the language in which an website is viewed, the currency of certain prices or fees, the maintaining of certain preferences for different products;
- Valuable feedback in respect of the way the websites are used by the users, so that they can be rendered even more efficient and accessible for the users;
- Allowing multimedia or other type of applications from other websites to be included into a certain website in order to create a more valuable, useful, and pleasant browsing experience;
- Efficiency of online publicity.
Types of cookies used by this internet page
This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third parties services providers appearing on our webpages. Your consent applies to the following domain:
By using/visiting the internet page, the following cookies may be installed:
- Session cookies – these are temporarily stored in the cookie file of the web browser in order to be memorized until the user exits the respective website or closes the browser window (e.g.: in the moment of logging in/ logging out of a webmail account or social media).
- Fixed cookies – these are stored onto the computer hard-drive (and generally depends on the preset lifespan of the cookie). Fixed cookies or persistent/ permanent cookies shall also include the cookies placed on another website than the one visited by the user at a certain moment. They are also known as ‘third party cookies’, which can anonymously be used to memorize the interests of a user so that the most relevant publicity can be delivered.
What are third-party cookies?
Certain content sections on certain websites may be supplied through third-parties/ suppliers (e.g.: a news box, a video file or a commercial). These third-parties may also include cookies through the website. They are called “third party cookies” because they are not placed by the owner of the respective website. The third-party suppliers must also observe the law in force and the confidentiality policies of the website owner.
The lifespan of cookies
The time period for which your personal data shall be stored depends on the period necessary for the achievement of the scopes for which the data are being processed. Cookies are managed by web servers. The lifespan of a cookie may significantly vary, depending upon the scope for which they are placed. Some cookies are exclusively being used for a single session (session cookies). They are not memorized once the user leaves the website. Some cookies are being stored and reused each time the user returns to the respective website (fixed cookies/persistent/permanent). However, these cookies can be deleted by a user at any time through the browser settings.
An exception to this rule are the specific data under the incidence of legal and/or fiscal obligations which must be stored for a longer period of time.
Why cookies are important for the Internet
The cookies represent the core of the efficient operation of the Internet, which helps generate a friendly browsing experience that adapts to the preferences and interests of each user. The refusal or deactivation of cookies may render some websites to be impossible to use.
The refusal or deactivation of cookies does not mean that you shall no longer receive online ads – but merely that the ad shall not take into account your preferences and interests, as deducted from your browsing behavior.
- Content and services adapted to the user preferences – categories of news, weather, sports, maps, public and governmental services, entertainment sites, and travel services.
- Offers adapted to the user preferences – memorizing passwords, language preferences (e.g. showing searches in Romanian language).
- Memorizing the child protection filters in respect of Internet content (“family mode” options, “safe search” features).
- Limiting the display frequency of commercials – limiting the number of showing of a certain commercial for a certain user on a website.
- Supplying more relevant commercials for a certain user.
- Measuring and optimizing the analytics characteristics – such as the confirmation of a certain traffic level on a website, what type of content is viewed and the method through which a user reaches a certain website (e.g. – through search engines, directly, via other websites etc). The websites develop these analyses in order to improve the websites in the benefit of the users.
How is the information obtained through cookies being stored
We assure you that the requirements in respect of the security and safety of the information collected through cookies are strictly observed. In addition, our web server is being obliged to strictly observe the obligations enforced by the legal provisions in force.
This information is stored in the highest safety level conditions on (our server / the host server of our website), and they are not disclosed to third parties.
- Google Analytics – is used in the scope of web analytics. For more information please access:
- Facebook – is used within our internet page. For more information please access:
- Convertkit – is the processor used to send newsletters to your email address, if the case may be;
- Clickfunnels – our lead generation platform;
- WebinarJam – our webinar platform;
- Zoom – our conference platform.
Blocking cookies. How can cookies be turned off?
In terms of blocking the cookies, some site functionalities shall be turned off and this may lead to certain dysfunctionalities or errors in using our website (e.g. if you are not registered as using the cookies, you will not be able to use the website or the platform properly). The settings may be amended so that the automatic management of cookies can be blocked by the web browser or the user is to be informed each time the cookies are sent towards your device. In order to agree to these limitations and block the cookies, please follow the instructions of your browser.
Deactivating cookies doesn’t mean that you shall no longer receive, with the observance of the law, anymore online publicity – but merely that this publicity shall no longer take into account your preferences, and as deducted from your browsing behavior.
All modern browsers offer the possibility to amend the cookie settings which may be accessed from the ”Options” section or from the ”Preferences” menu of your browser.
The law stipulates that we may store cookies onto your device if they are strictly necessary for the site operation. For all other cases, we need your consent to do so.
By accessing the website www.thefeminine.com or www.shop.thefeminine.com, you shall be welcomed by a message, according to the applicable legal provisions, in respect of the categories of cookies, by which we will request your consent in respect of cookies during your first visit on the website, – which you may grant or not.
Security and confidentiality
The confidentiality setting regarding the cookies provide:
- Acceptance levels for the cookies;
- Validity period;
- The automatic deletion after the user leaves a certain internet page;
- The customisation of browser settings in respect of cookies to reflect a comfortable level of cookie security for you;
- The possibility to set longer expiration terms for the storage of browsing history and access personal data;
- The possibility of setting the deletion of the individual browsing data each time you close the browser, in the situation of shared access to a device by multiple users.
Cookies are not viruses. They use “plain text” formats. They are not composed of fragments of coding, and therefore they cannot be executed, nor can they auto-run. Therefore, they cannot duplicate or replicate onto other networks in order to duplicate or replicate. Due to the fact that they cannot perform these functions, they cannot be considered viruses.
Still, the cookies may also be used for negative purposes. Because they store information regarding the preferences and browsing history of the users, on a certain website and also on multiple websites, the cookies may be used as a form of Spyware. Many anti-spyware products are aware of this fact and are constantly marking cookies to be deleted during the deletion / anti-virus /anti-spyware scanning procedures.
Generally, the browsers have integrated confidentiality settings which supply different levels of acceptance of cookies, validity period, and automatic deletion when a user leaves a certain website.
Other security aspects relating to the cookies:
Because protecting the identity is very valuable and represents the right of any internet user, it is advisable to be aware of the kind of problems cookies may create. Because through them information is being sent constantly back and forth between the browser and the website, if a hacker or an unauthorized person intervenes during the data transmission, the information contained by the cookies may be intercepted.
However, this seldom happens if the browser connects to the server using an unencrypted network (e.g. an unsecured WiFi network).
Other attacks based on cookies involve wrong settings of cookies on servers. If a website does not request the browser to use only encrypted channels, the hackers may use this vulnerability to trick the browsers to send them information through the unsecured channels. Subsequently, the hackers use the information to enter certain websites without authorization. It is important to pay attention in choosing the best methods to protect personal information.
Safer browsing with the help of cookies
- Customize your browser settings in respect of cookies to reflect a cookie security level most comfortable for you;
- Set longer expiry terms for storing the browsing history and personal access data;
- If you share the access to your device at home or at work, take into consideration to use the setting which deletes the browsing individual data each time you close the browser. This is a method to use the websites which places cookies and to delete any browsing information when closing the browsing session;
- Install and constantly update your anti-spyware software;
- Ensure you keep your browser updated at all times;
Updating the policy regarding cookies
In consideration of the changes of legislation regarding personal data protection, the interpretation of state bodies and the recommendation of supervising authorities, this document may be updated and/or amended.
We reserve the right to update and amend this Document at any time, due to any reason and without notification. Any amendment and/or updating shall be published on the internet page, so that you can easily use it and inform accordingly in order to be aware of our policies regarding personal data protection.
If you have any questions
Should you have any questions or queries or need supplementary clarifications in respect of your personal information or if you wish to exercise your rights, please send us an e-mail to [email protected].